Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Last minute things to do

I've got a list.  Wednesday, Sabine, Chantel and I packed up about 350 puonds of meds and supplies.  Sabine's brothers, Lesly and Guesly Dessiuex, just returned from a trip with FAME last week, and they had a very busy and intense time.  They had many extremely ill patients and had to perform full codes (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) on 4 patients.  they didn't have enough of several different medications, so we have taken their advice to heart and will arrive stocked to the teeth with heavy-duty medications and equipment. So more packing, personal packing, travel insurance for the team, going to the bank, mailing out thank you's, picking up personal meds, already did an interview for the paper, checking the status of Hurricane Tomas (it's passed), driving Sabine crazy with a bunch of little things...I'm not really a logistics person, so I feel a little fractured right now.  I've recieved a ton of support and well wishes from everyone.  Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.  I'll do my best to post as often as possible, and I'll make others post, as well.
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment