Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thankful

I just took a shower.  Here at the Mission we have no hot water.  The hot water side of the taps are not even hooked up. 
I am no fan of cold water, except for drinking.  I won't go swimming in a pool that is less than 85 degrees. I don't take sold showers.  But I took one this morning.  As I was feeling, not really sorry for myself, but somewhere along the lines of not happy, I thought of all the people, thousands of people just miles away who also didn't have hot water.  Nor did they have running water.  Nor did they have clean water, even to drink.  For days, months, years, a aifetime, maybe.  So now as I'm sitting here, dry, in fresh clothes.  I am comfortable. I smell good.  I realize that even here, I have it cush.  I will eat today.  I will drink clean, safe water.  I am protected.  So while, when I get home, I am not going to start taking cold showers, nor will I be swimming in 80 degree water,  I can maybe be thankful for what I have.
All right, gotta go, I have an 8:00 tee time. And, can you believe it, no golf carts.  At least we have caddys.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dr. Boudreau, it's Kaylan Black. I am so happy that you are in Haiti helping all the children who are sick and hurt from the earthquake. You are such a good doctor. Please be safe and I will see you when you get back.

    Love, Kaylan Black
    P.S. Jimmy and Jayna says Hi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dr. Boudreau, It is Kaylan Black. I am happy that you are in Haiti helping the children who are sick and hurt from the earthquake. You are a good doctor. Please be safe and I will see you when you get back.
    Love, Kaylan Black
    P.S. Jimmy and Jayna say's Hi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr.Boudrea thank you for all your hard work for the people in Haiti. We are very proud to be able to call you our sons doctor here in Jefferson City.

    Stay safe and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete