Search This Blog

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Today is the day

Okay, so it's still late Friday night for me.  I'm finally done packing.  I got a ventilator today!  I hope I won't have to use it, but I am glad it will be there.  It is taking up all or part of 4 duffel bags, but it is totally worth it.
I guess I don't know how I am feeling right now.  I am excited and a little nervous.  My last two trips were very stressful and emotional. so now I'm drawn to my first trip when it was all new, and I felt so inspired.  The first impression is always the lens through which you look.  I want to see Haiti like I did that first time.  I know Port -au-Prince will still be a wreck.  I will look at it again through fresh eyes, or maybe eyes that remember what is was like when they were fresh.  The voices and faces of those who have joined me in the past will again be with me.  I wish they were there in body. That said, I am very excited about this team. Sabine will again be leading and has already done a great job, and I have my family here who will get to see what I have come to love, and a big, excited, Capital Region contingent. So maybe they can all help me see it anew. Last time I wnated to tell stories, I want this time to be about drawing the scene, bringing you here not only visually, but viscerally.  That is what I will try to do this week.
As promised the team that will accompany us:
 Julia Asmar -- Student
Quinn Ayres -- Med. Assistant
Alyssa Borchelt -- Nurse Assistant
Ali Boudreau -- Student
Doug Boudreau -- MD- Pediatrician
Jeanne Boudreau -- Arts
Melinda Dessieux -- Nutritionist
Sabine Dessieux -- FNP
Ashley Doyen -- RN-CC
Amanda Helton -- RN-CC
Molly Magoon -- RN-CC
Gracia Nabhane -- MD-Pulmonologist
Judy Njeri -- RN Student
Lindsay Otto -- RN-CC
Kelly Prenger -- RN-CC
Olwyn Ross -- RN- Wounds

Chache Lajwa!
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment